Applying and Understanding T-Pack Framework

T-Pack represents a full understanding of using technology in the classroom. The venn diagrams represent technological content knowledge, pedagogical knowledge, and content area knowledge. My task is to tell you all about a time that I belonged, where an educator used this framework and it work for me as a student.

I have always loved school and felt connected with a lot of the content I explored throughout the years. Well, maybe except science. As I progressed through middle school and high school, the
technology integration became better and better as technology improved.

The example that comes to mind was not in a high school classroom. I think of my sixth grade social studies unit on World War II. A topic that I grew to have a fond interest in and found the technology integration so fascinating.

The classroom was set up like a simulation, where students would participate in a "game" and would head to various stations, all of which that hit almost every single multiple intelligence. Students would act like members of the army and would participate in boot camp, get sent to P.O.W. camp, and have to do push-ups or planks for off-task behaviors.

It was a great experience to be a part of. Every so often, an "air raid" siren would go off and all of the students would have to duck under their desks. A pop quiz would be shortly followed, where the students would use the computers in the library to work with their teams to answer the questions. The teams would be rewarded with war bonds and ration stamps, which motivated the students to be efficient and on task.

For one of the stations, students would listen to a radio show from the pacific and the home front, where the students would answer a series of questions. In other units, students would complete sections of an online Oregon Trail or watch a short film. 

I was able to come back and shadow this class as a senior in high school and it was truly an amazing experience. I was able to learn as a sixth grade student to my full potential and I felt that I had a place in the learning experience. Truly amazing learning experiences both as a future teacher and a student. Shout out to Jim Morse for making learning engaging and accessible for all students. Learning should be memorable and I hope to create that same experience for my students. Check out some of the technology integration tools on the Camden-Rockport Middle School library website.

Emily

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wise Teachers

Final Practicum Reflection

Student Teaching Portfolios